Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pushing Daisies is Coming Back on ABC

The pie maker once again puts his talent into good use, and this time he resurrects the TV show Pushing Daisies that ABC axed sometime in December. So, don’t waste time. Watch the last three episodes of this wonderfully written show before the pie maker touches it for a second time. We all know what that means. It is going to stay dead forever. The first of the three episodes airs Saturday May 30 at 10/9c.

January 24, 2010 - Ok, so the show is not coming back, but it did leave us with very good memories. Hold on to those with these Pushing Daisies episode summaries.

June 3 - If you're like me, and missed last Saturday's episode, don't despair. You could watch the Pushing Daisies episode "Water & Power" on ABCs Web site.

June 2 - Here's a less far-fetched idea. How about a Pushing Daisies spin-off that stars Olive Snook? I think, though I cannot believe, that the reason why the show was unpopular is that majority of viewers are not too receptive to stories that are both funny, and fantastic. Note that I included funny given the cult following of The X-Files, and the popularity of Lost and Fringe, but I digress.

The fate of Pushing Daisies is reminiscent of Wonderfalls, which was a critically acclaimed series that never gained ground. A show about Olive Snook -- a singing waitress, pie maker, jockey and private detective is just too interesting and adorable to be forgotten. It might have a better chance of succeeding. It did make me wonder why it took them too long before they showed more of Olive. If I remember correctly, we didn't see much of her until the second season. Anyhow, one could always dream.

June 1 - Hello, is it Olive Snook you're looking for? You betcha! Pushing Daisies' May 30 episode "Window Dressed to Kill" focused on my favorite character on the show -- Olive Snook! Yebah! Yes, yes, she did sing a Lionel Richie song. He who I'm not a fan of, I just want to make that very clear, but that was one laugh-out-loud moment. Any scene where Kristin Chenoweth sings is a sure winner! Which leads me to ask, has there ever been a TV show that made it to Broadway? How about a Pushing Daisies Musical? Another question would be can the other characters sing? Well, as long as Kristin Chenoweth is there then I'm game! Haha! One episode down. Two more to go. Bitter sweet!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

They can ALL sing! Before it got cancelled there was even talk of a musical episode! There's Cheno, obviously, and both aunts have been on Broadway, as I believe has Anna Friel, and Lee Pace has done off-broadway shows and sings in the movie Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. Not sure about Chi McBride but he's funny enough that it wouldn't matter! Plus many of their guest stars (Raul Esparza, Christopher Sieber) are Tony nominees/winners! So I say bring on the PD musical! I wonder if there is a way to get this idea to catch on...?

Anonymous said...

Why minimal advertising 'kulit?

Anonymous said...

Neat blog!

comprehensive episode guides said...

@Anonymous 1: Whoa! They can ALL sing?! Pushing Daisies the Musical! I'll sure be first in line if this idea materializes. By the way, I saw an ad of a TV movie on Lifetime that reminded me of Pushing Daisies. It was about a pageant contestant that dropped dead, but was brought to life by a mortician.

@Anonymous 2: I'd love to have more ads, but it's beyond my control. Also, I haven't updated this blog for quite some time now. I should have some time in September. I miss writing.

@Anonymous 3: Glad you found my blog neat! =)